Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Very Nice Ending to Five in a Row

Went in to open at 1:45 today , something I haven't done since the spring , and got a few tables right off the bat at 3:00.

At the end of it all I walked out with $127 after tipping out $32 to the house. I got cut around 7:15 but had to hang around for a deuce consisting of two ladies that when it came to their dessert said that they were going to talk for a while and that they were in absolutely no hurry. Being in the business themselves one asked me if I was cut and I replied back yes I was indeed cut a while ago.

Now understanding the situation they asked me if they could close the bill and just have someone look after them so that I could leave. I graciously accepted their suggestion and got their bill and collected the payment for it then introduced Alex the closer to them so I could skidaddle home. Out at 8:30 my totals for the day were 27 covers , $978 in sales and $159 in tips. Tipped out the $32 I mentioned earlier and walked out with the rest and was home by 9:15.

All in all that was a nice finish. So to recap the last 5 days it was pretty good all things considering. What with some real cheap people and some slower nights.

Off Monday and Tuesday which I really like.

I will probably never do this play by play again of 5 days in a row but if you have been following the last 5 days tell me what your thoughts have been reading all this stuff. Fellow waiters you can comment good or bad. Compare notes with your job if you like.

Love to hear from you!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Interiors