Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sometimes You Got To Be Like a Pit Bull

Tonight my start time is 5:30 and when I arrive it is already picking up. Sometimes it is like walking into a middle of a football game. Everybody is busy and you are just checking your section.

I get a deuce pretty quickly then I get a 7 top and another 2. The seven is 4 kids , a teenager , and the parents. They order soft drinks and the kids meals all around with the parents just getting a main course. Now generally you get a feeling how things are going when their bill comes to $115 and they leave a $5 tip. Then the deuce leaves $12 and the four leave $5 on their bill of $76. Do you know where I am going with this waiters out there??? I am barely making my tip out money!!! So far I have served 13 people and I doubt my sales have been $250!

Then I get my four tables sat quickly again and I get some better people. Then I get changed over to another section as people are cut and I hang on to make some money at the end.

After an awful start I remain focused and end up making $143 after tipping out $45 to the house.

My final total was $1188 in sales , 39 covers , with just over $30 average per person. That was a 15.7 % tip average on the net sales.

After a very poor start and I am not one to go in great detail but these people at the beginning were so cheap it was unbelieveable. But I just through sheer volume tonight came out alright. I dare say better than most others.

Tomorrow I open and I will see if I will stay longer and perhaps close to make some extra coin. I will be off Monday and Tuesday anyway.

Tonight it just goes to show you got to keep the hammer down and hope things get better. Like a pit bull you gotta fight , hang on , and stay positive.

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Interiors