Monday, September 28, 2009

The Best Advice I Ever Gave One Time

One time I was a dining room manager and was having a meeting introducing myself to the staff and outlining some plans for the dining room. When it was time for the staff to talk , some started to complain about the owner and how he has treated them in the past and how they wanted to leave many times but decided to stay. Also being a waiter was getting to be a pain and that they really wanted to do something else.

So this was my suggestion , I said to them that nothing is keeping them here. It is not a jail and they are not serving a life sentence to work somewhere they do not want to. Working here is not a punishment.

I can say I never worked any longer than I wanted to in one spot. If I wanted a change for whatever reason I usually changed jobs. You cannot work anywhere and be miserable about it. Rather than complain about something just make it right or leave. Life is too short for that.

As it turned out no one left and stayed with me.

What do you think?

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Interiors